Are you fond of SUVs? If yes, then you should check out Volkswagen Taigun, a mid-sized SUV that recently bagged the Compact SUV of the Year Award at Autocar Awards 2022. Its features and specifications set it apart from other SUVs in its category. If you plan to buy this car, do remember to buy Volkswagen Trigun Insurance as well to protect your brand-new car from uncertainties on the road. Freak accidents are common and in the absence of insurance, you will have to pay for the damages out of your pocket. Read on to learn more about the features of Volkswagen Taigun and what makes it so popular.
The Volkswagen Taigun specifications and features include:
- It is a 5-seater and consists of 4 cylinders
- Two different petrol engines—999 cc and 1498 cc
- It has a manual and automatic transmission
- The mileage ranges from 16.44 kmpl to 18.47 kmpl
- ARAI Mileage of 17.88 kmpl
- A ground clearance of 188 mm
Some of the key specifications of the car are:
- The fuel type used is petrol
- Power steering
- An antilock braking system
- Automatic climate control
- Alloy wheels
- Front power windows
- Air conditioner
- Passenger airbag
- Driver airbag
- Front fog-lights
- 1.5L TSI EVO with ACT
- Exterior consisting of 147.51bhp @ 5000-6000rpm
- Max Power interior
- Each cylinder has 4 valves
- It has a turbocharger
- Power steering
Why is Volkswagen Taigun better than other similar cars in its category?
If you compare Volkswagen Taigun with the Skoda Kushaq 1.0 TSI MT Style variant, then you will understand why Taigun is a better option.
- These two cars are almost the same in terms of the equipment, comfort level and other parameters. Both Taigun and Kushaq are built on the same MQB A0 IN platform and have nearly equal dimensions, with the longest wheelbase in their segment.
- When it comes to design, Taigun has a much more striking look than Skoda Kushaq.
- If you consider the features, Kushaq has a subwoofer and an anti-theft alarm. Taigun, on the other hand, has a much more updated cluster of digital instruments that would score better.
- Volkswagen service centres are more easily accessible as compared to Skoda service centres.
- Volkswagen Taigun also scores high in terms of its style and digital dials when compared with Skoda Kushaq.
Volkswagen Taigun received the mid-size SUV of the Year award at Autocar Awards 2022. For this honour, it had to compete with other cars such as Skoda Kushaq, MG Astor etc. The major aspects that helped Taigun score above the others in its category were its built-in quality and swiftness in movement, particularly near turns and corners.
It has 1-litre and 1.5-litre Turbo engines, which makes it a pleasure to drive. The sale of Taigun was also higher as compared to other rival brands such as Hyundai Creta and Kia Seltos in terms of dynamism in performance and driving.
The 1.0-litre volume, three-cylinder TSI petrol engine comes with a six-speed manual transmission. This is the standard feature, whereas, you can opt for a six-speed torque converter—that is automatic. There is a bigger 1.5-litre, four-cylinder TSI petrol engine. It also has a six-speed manual gearbox and consists of a seven-speed dual-clutch transmission (DCT).
If you are planning to buy an SUV, go through the features of Volkswagen Taigun. You may find it better than the others in its category as it has updated components compared to Skoda Kushaq. Remember, get the best SUV insurance to protect yourself against any financial losses in case of a mishap involving your beloved Volkswagen Taigun.